- 6 Great Toast Ideas To Boost Your Energy In The Morning Video
- Why You Need More Peppermint In Your Life
- Health Facts And Old Wives’ Tales: Can You Tell Them Apart? Infographic
- The Unexpected Health Benefits Of Kale!
- Granola: 6 Facts You Need To Know About Your Crunchy Breakfast Video
- The Best Foods For Healthy Teeth Infographic
- Superfood Essentials List (You May Not Have Known About #4!)
10 Home Remedies That Really Do Work
3. Aspirin can help get rid of dandruff
You may be surprised to learn that an aspirin is made up of the same ingredient that is used to treat acne: salicylic acid. A board-certified dermatologist from California suggests adding a tablespoon of aspirin that has been finely crushed up into your shampoo and leave it on your head for up to 10 minutes to get rid of your dandruff.
4. Can duct tape remove warts and skin tags?
While many a dedicated handyman swears that duct tape can handle just about everything, it was scientifically proven to be more effective in removing warts than the procedure that involved having them frozen off. The adhesive in the tape has been found to have a toxic reaction to the wart causing it to fall off. The procedure can take up to 2 months but make sure you change the tape every 2 – 3 days. You can also try the same method to get rid of those pesky skin tags.
5. Ice can stop a migraine in its tracks
If you feel a migraine coming on, instead of reaching for the pill bottle, grab a small bag of ice and set it on the back of your neck or at your temples. A board-certified neurologist from the Headache Institute at Mount Sinai Roosevelt has found that after 10 to 15 minutes the blood vessels that receive the pain signals from the nerves will be numb. It also reduces the constriction of these blood vessels which contribute to a migraine.
Continue to Page 3