- Taking Turmeric? It’s Not Doing Squat Unless You Are Taking Other Things Too
- Healthy Vegan Meals That Cost Less Than $2 Video
- Understanding Addiction: How Does It Happen? Infographic
- Does Nutrition Really Affect Your Stress Levels?
- Are Vitamin D Supplements Effective For Diabetes, Weight Loss, And Blood Pressure? Video
- Are You Aware Of These Food Industry Lies? Infographic
- Sugar: Is It As Addictive As Drugs? Video
10 Natural Home Remedies for the Removal of Warts
Got warts? Yuck! No one like them and but almost everyone gets them at one time or another. Warts are non-cancerous growths on the skin that afflict young children and teenagers more than adults, because kids usually get cuts and scrapes that allow the human papillomavirus to enter the body.
Since this is a virus, warts are contagious and can spread from person to person, or spread from one part of the body to another. Most doctors take a “wait and see” kind of attitude before they finally burn them off, which, besides being painful, results in scarring.
With so many natural alternatives, why go the chemical burn route? Take a look at the top 10 natural remedies you can do at home and get rid of that wart without scarring.
1. Poke It
Warts are nasty little devils, but smart ones. They have a protective barrier that keeps them nice and safe, completely undetected by your immune system, and this is why they last forever and are able to grow. If you can alert your body to their presence, it can kill it off naturally. Now you might want to think twice about doing this to a young child, but for adults and teenagers, it’s probably OK.
This process is called immunotherapy. Ice the area until the wart is super numb. Hold a needle over an open flame to sterilize then poke the wart. Don’t just hold it there; poke holes in several places in the wart. This will tell your body that something is amiss and it should attack the virus. Be sure to discard the needle and wash your hands when you are done.