- Everything You Need To Know About The 3-Day Juice Cleanse Video
- Use This Easy Recipe To Make Oil-Free Vegan Mayonnaise Video
- 5 Easy Ways To Ditch That Cold FAST!
- 12 Of The Top Ingredients In Food Today That Cause Dementia And Alzheimer’s
- Upgrade Your Snack Game To Get More Fiber And Protein Infographic
- 5 Amazing Fully Raw Salad Dressings For Any Occasion Video
- How To Be Smart About Using Smartphones And Other Gadgets Infographic
10 Natural Methods that Can Help with Insomnia
If you have ever had insomnia, or even trouble falling asleep, then you are well aware of the frustration it brings. When you’ve had one of those nights where you’ve been awake most of the night and you start to wonder how on earth you are going to function at work? How are you going to make it through the day on such little sleep? What happens if you can’t fall asleep again tonight?
Insomnia can have a huge impact on your health, too. Those with insomnia are up to 4 times more likely to have depression, have a higher risk of heart disease, much more likely to have an accident on the road or at home, and are more likely to miss work.
You need at least 7 hours of sleep every night but insomnia can interrupt this much needed down time for the body. More than one third of Americans say that they can’t get enough sleep in order to function well during the day.
Although insomnia is one of the least understood sleep disorders, there are some tried and true ways to help break insomnias grip on your life. Check out the top 10 all natural remedies that can have you sleeping like a baby.
1. Keep a regular schedule
One of the best ways to handle insomnia is to train your body to sleep. To do this, you need to keep a strict schedule of when you got to bed and when you wake up, even on the weekends. If you find you can’t sleep one night, make yourself get up at your regular time and don’t nap during the day. That night, go to bed at a set time, even if you don’t feel sleepy. Infants are often trained to sleep through the night this way. If it works for them, it can work for you!