- 4 Surefire Steps To Defeat Seasonal Allergies Video
- 10 Smoothie Recipes To Keep You Healthy And Energized Infographic
- A Quick And Easy Smoothie For Beauty, Energy And Weight Loss Video
- How To Stop Being A Soda Addict Infographic
- Top Tips To Skyrocket Your Energy Throughout The Day Infographic
- Can Omega-3 Fats Really Speed Up Recovery After A Heart Attack?
- Everything You Need To Know About The 3-Day Juice Cleanse Video
10 Reasons to Laugh More Often
All through history one thing has remained constant, laughter. It’s been said that children laugh more than 300 times a day but adults only laugh a mere 15 times per day. With so much negativity surrounding us nowadays, it’s easy to let ourselves lapse into discouragement, but don’t! There are plenty of good reasons to change that and we are going to list the top 10 right here. So brace yourself, it’s time to laugh as much as possible, for no reason whatsoever.
1. Laughter causes your deepest muscles to relax.
Anyone who has ever laughed so hard that you wet yourself, you know exactly what we are talking about. It was completely involuntary, wasn’t it? That was due to a relaxation of the muscles deep within your core, and that’s OK.
2. Laughter counts as exercise.
You read that right, laughter counts as exercise…well, kind of. One study showed that laughing 100 times is right up there with as much as 10 minutes on a rowing machine or even 15 minutes on an exercise bike. Laughter uses almost all our major muscle groups. So be sure to laugh at all those waiting in line at the gym for their turn on the treadmill.
3. Laughter Promotes Creativity
It’s also very conducive to learning. Students learn more from teachers who use laughter and humor than those who are dry and use rote learning methods. Laughter is very effective at illustrating important points and helps us to view things from a different perspective.
4. Laughter Increases Our Personal Interactions
Laughing with others increase our rapport with them. Once we have established rapport, this increases compliance. You might find that salespeople are able to sell more products when they can make their customers laugh, and doctors find that their patients are more willing to comply with a new diet if they can make them laugh at their troubles.
5. Laughter Reduces Depression
Laughing causes your body to release those feel good endorphins so you actually start to feel happier. Fake it till you make it, faking laughter actually works just as well so even if you don’t really feel it, laugh anyway, it’s good for you. Read more how to naturally treat depression.
Continue to Page 2