- Can the Leaves of This Tree Help Stop Diabetes and More?
- 15 Creative and Super Easy Ways to Use Neem Oil
- Lack of Sleep Causes Terrible Food Cravings
- True Facts About Caffeine Infographic
- Top 8 Things that Increase Your Risk of Breast Cancer
- Many Different Ways You Can Use Honeysuckle
- The Side Effects of this Anti-Depressant are Worse than You Know
10 Super Cheap but Super Healthy Foods
Everybody knows someone who always says they want to eat healthy but they claim it’s too expensive. That’s not an excuse, that’s reality. Nutritious foods actually are more expensive than junk foods but that doesn’t mean you have to give up eating healthy, you just need to find the right foods.
So here are our top 10 picks, all of which are healthy but cost less than a dollar per serving. Now this is an average price, but some of these might be higher in your area, for example, it’s not a surprise that oranges would cost less in Florida than in Montana. So although the actual price of these might vary a bit from store to store and state to state, they are all healthy foods that are inexpensive and still full of nutrition.
Although it doesn’t get as much attention as other salad greens, cabbage is very nutritious.
It’s a great source of fiber, potassium, as well as vitamin C. It also has the same cancer and disease fighting properties as other members in the cruciferous group, such as broccoli.
Average Cost Per Serving: 11 cents