- How The Government And The Dairy Industry Tricked You Into Drinking Milk Video
- The Truth About Egg Yolks
- Can Apple Cider Vinegar Help You Lose Weight? Video
- 6 Killer Nutritional Tips From The Pros
- Top Health Benefits Of Eucalyptus Oil
- How To Keep Your Eyes Healthy In A Digital World Infographic
- Debunking The Greatest Vegetarian Myth Ever Video
10 Super Cheap but Super Healthy Foods
Everybody knows someone who always says they want to eat healthy but they claim it’s too expensive. That’s not an excuse, that’s reality. Nutritious foods actually are more expensive than junk foods but that doesn’t mean you have to give up eating healthy, you just need to find the right foods.
So here are our top 10 picks, all of which are healthy but cost less than a dollar per serving. Now this is an average price, but some of these might be higher in your area, for example, it’s not a surprise that oranges would cost less in Florida than in Montana. So although the actual price of these might vary a bit from store to store and state to state, they are all healthy foods that are inexpensive and still full of nutrition.
Although it doesn’t get as much attention as other salad greens, cabbage is very nutritious.
It’s a great source of fiber, potassium, as well as vitamin C. It also has the same cancer and disease fighting properties as other members in the cruciferous group, such as broccoli.
Average Cost Per Serving: 11 cents