- Are You Allergic To All Nuts?
- The Unlimited Health Benefits Of Goji Berries Infographic
- Is Your Sunscreen Causing More Cancer Than The Sun?
- Take Your Dishes To A New Level With These Spice Combos Infographic
- Iodine: Why It’s Important And How To Avoid Its Deficiency Infographic
- Zero-Calorie Foods That Will Help You Lose Weight Fast Infographic
- Make Your Air Travel Healthier With These Simple Hacks Infographic
11 Major Health Benefits Of Bitter Melon
If you have never heard of bitter melon before, you are not alone. It is also known as Goya, but in this country, sugar is king and anything described as being bitter is quickly passed over. There are many health benefits of this gourd that is grown in Asia, the Caribbean, and Africa. When you find out what it can do you may want to consider at least taking a supplement if you really can’t take anything that is not a sweet treat.
Here are 11 areas of health the bitter melon can help improve:
Eating bitter melon can help lower your blood glucose levels if you already have type 2 diabetes or even prevent it f it runs in your family. A study that was conducted in 2011 showed that consuming 2,000 mg of this melon every day lowered the fructosamine levels in participants. It also helped to reduce insulin resistance for those with type 1 and type 2 diabetes. It is recommended that you do not stop taking your diabetic medication before you consult your doctor.
2. Prevents Osteoporosis
Bitter melon consists of calcium and plenty of vitamin K, both of which are important for healthy bones. It has been found to reduce your chances of getting osteoporosis as well. The vitamin K also serves as an anti-inflammatory and can ease the pain generated by arthritis.
Continue to Page 2