- Could This Natural Sweetener Be A Healthy Alternative To Refined Sugar? Infographic
- Fats And Oils: Which To Eat And Which To Ditch Infographic
- Simple Food Swaps To Make Eating Vegan Effortless Infographic
- The Four Foods You Should Stop Eating Right Now Video
- Top 20 Alternative Sources Of Protein Other Than Meat
- 6 Unexpected Things Sleeping With A Weighted Blanket Can Do For You!
- The World’s Healthiest People: Their Diet And Lifestyle Secrets Infographic
12 Cancer Causing Food Substitutes
2. Instead of Canned Tomatoes
Tomatoes are exceptionally dangerous due to their high acidity, which seems to cause BPA to leech from the lining of the can into the tomatoes themselves. The level of BPA can be so high in fact; you should seriously consider not feeding them to children. Due to FDA laws, there are no standards for labeling BPA so simply because a can does not say it has it does not mean that it does not contain BPA. Be safe and avoid cans. Cook fresh or buy glass bottles. There are other options to using those canned tomatoes that contain dangerous preservatives. There are numerous brands that sell diced or whole tomatoes in glass bottles. Of course, buying fresh, organic produce and making your own homemade sauce is always your best option.