- A Quick And Easy Smoothie For Beauty, Energy And Weight Loss Video
- How To Stop Being A Soda Addict Infographic
- Top Tips To Skyrocket Your Energy Throughout The Day Infographic
- Can Omega-3 Fats Really Speed Up Recovery After A Heart Attack?
- Everything You Need To Know About The 3-Day Juice Cleanse Video
- Use This Easy Recipe To Make Oil-Free Vegan Mayonnaise Video
- 5 Easy Ways To Ditch That Cold FAST!
12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Everyone loves the delicious foods that friends and family go to great lengths to make for us each winter. However, no one loves the extra weight that usually comes along with them.
About 70 percent of all Americans say that they put on at least 5 pounds over the holidays alone. It seems so hard to not put on weight, what with all the great food that is available this time of year, not to mention how easy it is to eat plenty of it when someone else is doing the cooking!
If you are like us, you simply can’t say no when grandma has spent all day cooking a wonderful meal. However, you can help to cut the overall winter calorie count. We have compiled a list of 12 of the healthiest, non-waistline adding meals you can make during these super cold months of winter.
Keep reading! You will want to add these to your meals this winter again and again. We guarantee that they will be a hit with both family and friends – maybe even grandma!
1. Figs and Dates
When your sweet tooth starts calling, don’t bring out the fudge, bring out some dried figs or dates. Figs are high in sugar, but it is natural sugar and they do have lots of fiber. Dates are also a terrific source of potassium and fiber. You can add dates to salads or as a topping to fruit dishes, or just eat a handful after a meal. You will never regret adding these to your winter table.
Continue to Page 2