- What Drinking Ginger Tea Can Do For You
- Immunotherapy – What Is It and How Could It Save Our Lives?
- The Dark Side Of Always Being Positive
- Natural And Simple Ways To End Addictions
- Effective Home Remedies For Vertigo
- Release Toxins From Your Body With This Sugar-Free Detox Guide Infographic
- How Much Screen Time Is Okay For Teens?
12 Proven Health Benefits of Spirulina (#7 is Nothing Short of Outrageous!)
Have you heard about the popular sea vegetable called spirulina? It seems a great many people have been talking about it lately, everyone from celebrities to professional athletes. With its numerous health benefits, spirulina is true super food that should be a part of your diet plan.
What exactly is spirulina? This bluish-green colored algae has been harvested and consumed by the Aztec natives of Mexico for untold thousands of years. It is super rich in protein, carotenoids, powerful antioxidants, vitamin E, zinc, iron, B complex vitamins, and an essential fatty acid called gamma-linoleic acid.
Want to know what spirulina can do for you? Keep reading for the 12 scientifically proven health benefits of spirulina and why you should hop on the spirulina bandwagon.
1. Lowers Blood Pressure
Scientists have discovered that one pigment in spirulina, phycocyanin, is an antihypertensive agent. This means it can lower blood pressure naturally. Researchers in Japan say that eating spirulina can even reverse endothelial dysfunction for those with metabolic syndrome. This is important because metabolic disease is rampant in America, causing heart disease, stroke, and diabetes.
Continue to Page 2