- Top Tips To Skyrocket Your Energy Throughout The Day Infographic
- Can Omega-3 Fats Really Speed Up Recovery After A Heart Attack?
- Everything You Need To Know About The 3-Day Juice Cleanse Video
- Use This Easy Recipe To Make Oil-Free Vegan Mayonnaise Video
- 5 Easy Ways To Ditch That Cold FAST!
- 12 Of The Top Ingredients In Food Today That Cause Dementia And Alzheimer’s
- Upgrade Your Snack Game To Get More Fiber And Protein Infographic
12 Reasons Why You Should Eat Eggs Daily (#5 is Almost Unbelievable!)
When you think of breakfast, what do you think of? Most people think of cereal, oatmeal, or eggs. There is little debate out there about cereal or oatmeal, but eggs? That’s a whole other story. What is the big deal about eggs?
Well, if you listen to some people, eating eggs is like smoking 3 packs of cigarettes a day! Others think eggs are the best thing since…well, since chicken! It’s easy to get confused. Most people skip eggs because they fear high cholesterol levels or even fear that they are high in calories.
If you have been worried about the bad effects that eggs might have on your diet, you can relax. Eggs have so much going for them, it’s no wonder that they are a breakfast and snack favorite around the world.
Keep reading and find out how many eggs you can safely eat each week and a whole host of other things you never knew about the incredible, very edible, egg.
1. One of Nature’s Most Perfect Foods
There is no denying it. Eggs are one of the most nutritious foods around. One average, chicken eggs contain tons of vitamins and minerals including vitamin A, folate, phosphorus, selenium, calcium, zinc, and a host of B vitamins including B5, B12, B6, as well as Vitamin D, E, and K. All of this for a skinny 77 calories!
There are also a few other trace nutrients in eggs, but if you can get ahold of some omega-3 enriched eggs, even better! These eggs generally come from free range chickens, and in addition to the omega-3 fatty acids they are much higher in vitamin A and E.