- The Many Uses Of Lemon Essential Oil Infographic
- Are Cookbooks Dangerous To Use?
- Bad Eating Habits And How to Break Them Once And For All Infographic
- Are You Allergic To All Nuts?
- The Unlimited Health Benefits Of Goji Berries Infographic
- Is Your Sunscreen Causing More Cancer Than The Sun?
- Take Your Dishes To A New Level With These Spice Combos Infographic
15 of the Best Disease Fighting Foods Ever
Exchange your brown rice for cancer fighting barley. With more than twice the fiber of rice, along with cancer-fighting selenium, barley is an excellent choice and a nice change of pace. Besides being good for your colon, the type of fiber in barley, called beta glucan, can lower your levels of fat absorption as well as blood cholesterol levels.
The Annals of Family Medicine published a study which showed that when subjects with high cholesterol consumed between 3 to 10 grams of beta glucan each day, their levels of LDL (bad) cholesterol, as well as their triglycerides, fell dramatically. This means improved heart health and an overall lower risk of stroke, and heart disease.
Your diet is completely under your control and if you are what you eat, don’t you want to eat healthy and natural? Remember to always buy organic, get regular exercise and plenty of sleep each night for the best possible health.