- Common Illnesses And Their Essential Oil Solutions Infographic
- 10 Reasons Ginger Is Considered A Superfood
- Level Up Your Salad Game Infographic
- The Best 5 Fats You Need To Add To Your Dishes Video
- 18 Really Clever Ways You Can Use Vinegar Around Your Home! (#14 Is Our Fave!)
- On The Hunt For Real Food: Why It’s So Hard To Find Infographic
- Basic Ayurvedic Eating Principles For Different Body Types Infographic
20 Easy Ingredient Swaps For Healthier Eating In Seconds
Eating healthy isn’t always the easiest thing, especially when it often means that you have to sacrifice your favorite comfort food for a salad.
One of the main problems is that only 65 percent of Americans cook their own food at home. This is pretty shocking when you consider that, in the mid 1960’s, more than 95 percent of Americans cooked the majority of their meals at home from scratch. Most people claim that this is due to their busy lifestyles, but the time spent eating out means huge sacrifices to the health of your family.
Take back control of your life by making some smart swaps for foods or ingredients that can help improve your health in an instant. Just a few swaps each week can lead to weight loss and overall improved health.
Want to know more? Keep reading, and discover the best food or ingredient swaps that can help put you back on the road to better health.
1. Instead Of Salt
If you need to cut back on salt in order to lower your blood pressure, try using some citrus juice, such as lime, lemon, or orange juice, when cooking chicken, fish, or veggie dishes. You don’t need to soak it in the juice to get the benefits — just a spritz or two will do. You can also replace that salt shaker on the table with a mix of spices that might just satisfy your “salt” tooth.
Continue to Page 2