- The Many Uses Of Lemon Essential Oil Infographic
- Are Cookbooks Dangerous To Use?
- Bad Eating Habits And How to Break Them Once And For All Infographic
- Are You Allergic To All Nuts?
- The Unlimited Health Benefits Of Goji Berries Infographic
- Is Your Sunscreen Causing More Cancer Than The Sun?
- Take Your Dishes To A New Level With These Spice Combos Infographic
5 Foods For Solving High Blood Pressure
Hypertension, or high blood pressure, is sometimes called the “silent killer.” Left untreated, it can contribute to potentially fatal health problems like heart attack and stroke. There are blood pressure medications that are effective, but these often have undesirable side effects like erectile dysfunction. Is there an alternative solution to this all-too-common affliction?
There certainly is. All you need to do is know which foods to avoid, and which ones to add, and you can help lower your blood pressure significantly without resorting to medication.
Which foods should I avoid? High blood pressure is often linked to a poor diet. Cut back on processed foods full of sugar, salt, and unnatural fats (like polyunsaturated fats found in cooking oils).
Ok, so which foods will help me lower my blood pressure?
Blueberries are considered one the fruits that are truly worthy of the “superfood” title which has become so trendy in the last few years. Blueberries contain a class of antioxidants called flavonoids, which can play a major role in lowering blood pressure. All berries contain flavonoids to varying degrees, but blueberries are one of the richest sources found in nature. Blueberries contain several different subclasses of flavonoids such as anthocyanins, flava-3-ol, and flavone, which have been proven to help lower blood pressure in those who consume them regularly.
Continue to Page 2