- How Much Sugar Do You Consume? Infographic
- The Healthy Vegetarian & Vegan Food Pyramid Infographic
- Do You Want To Know What’s In Your Tap Water? Infographic
- The Many Benefits Of Buttermilk
- The Surprising Truth About Salt Infographic
- 7 Herbs and Spices That Can Treat Depression Naturally
- Good Carbs Versus Bad Carbs: Everything You Need To Know Infographic
5 Foods For Solving High Blood Pressure
Hypertension, or high blood pressure, is sometimes called the “silent killer.” Left untreated, it can contribute to potentially fatal health problems like heart attack and stroke. There are blood pressure medications that are effective, but these often have undesirable side effects like erectile dysfunction. Is there an alternative solution to this all-too-common affliction?
There certainly is. All you need to do is know which foods to avoid, and which ones to add, and you can help lower your blood pressure significantly without resorting to medication.
Which foods should I avoid? High blood pressure is often linked to a poor diet. Cut back on processed foods full of sugar, salt, and unnatural fats (like polyunsaturated fats found in cooking oils).
Ok, so which foods will help me lower my blood pressure?
Blueberries are considered one the fruits that are truly worthy of the “superfood” title which has become so trendy in the last few years. Blueberries contain a class of antioxidants called flavonoids, which can play a major role in lowering blood pressure. All berries contain flavonoids to varying degrees, but blueberries are one of the richest sources found in nature. Blueberries contain several different subclasses of flavonoids such as anthocyanins, flava-3-ol, and flavone, which have been proven to help lower blood pressure in those who consume them regularly.
Continue to Page 2