- Taking Turmeric? It’s Not Doing Squat Unless You Are Taking Other Things Too
- Healthy Vegan Meals That Cost Less Than $2 Video
- Understanding Addiction: How Does It Happen? Infographic
- Does Nutrition Really Affect Your Stress Levels?
- Are Vitamin D Supplements Effective For Diabetes, Weight Loss, And Blood Pressure? Video
- Are You Aware Of These Food Industry Lies? Infographic
- Sugar: Is It As Addictive As Drugs? Video
5 Super Healthy and Healing Smoothie and Tonic Recipes
Sometimes all you are really looking for is smoothie that will help with an inflammation problem you are having, or you want one to boost that brain power before the big test.
Well, we have just what you are looking for.
Check out this list of 5 smoothies and tonics that are super healthy, healing, and helpful all at the same time. One of these is sure to fit the bill.
1. The Blueberry Brain Booster
Scientists have found that many types of berries have a real impact on improving your memory as well as being neurologically protecting at the same time. This recipe has both high antioxidant levels combined with ultra-cleansing properties. This should help to give you a boost of energy and keep your mind sharp while flushing out some of those unwanted toxins.
In your juicer or blender, mix 1 cup of organic blueberries (frozen are best), ½ of an organic banana, ½ cup organic cucumber (leave the peel on), 1 tablespoon of chia seeds, and I cup of water or coconut milk. Blend well and drink immediately.
2. Strawberry Kale Energy Drink
You can load up on antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins in this energy boosting, health protecting smoothie. Strawberries are low in sugar for those who want to cut down on sugar, but still want to get all the energy benefits they have to offer.
In a blender or juicer, mix 1 organic celery stalk, 1 cup of organic kale, ½ cup organic strawberries, ½ organic lime (peeled), and 1 cup of coconut water or coconut milk. Blend well and feel the energy flow!
3. Pain Relieving Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie
Put this one at the top of your anti-inflammatory smoothie list! All ingredients are known to reduce inflammation in the body as well as having a strong “cooling” effect. Pineapple is well known for its Bromelain, a pain relieving enzyme. It’s so good that this enzyme has even been isolated and formulated into capsules to take as supplements for natural pain relief. Read more about benefits of pineapple juice.
In your juicer, or blender, mix 1 organic celery stalk, 1 cup of organic cucumber (including the peel), ½ cup of organic pineapple, ½ organic lime (peeled) and 1 cup of coconut water. Blend and drink immediately.
4. Berry Ginger Anti-inflammatory Smoothie
It doesn’t matter if you are fighting off an illness or if you just want to feel good, this smoothie absolutely rocks! The cranberries have super antioxidant power and they help to keep you from feeling bloated.
In your blender or juicer, mix 3 tablespoons of Nutiva hemp powder protein, a 2 inch piece of organic ginger, 2 cups of greens such as spinach, chard, or kale, 1 cup of organic celery, 1 cup of mixed frozen berries of your choice, such as blueberries, cranberries, or strawberries, and ½ cup of pure water. Blend for one minute. Drink immediately or you can store in an airtight container for 24 hours.
5. Lemon Turmeric Anti-Inflammatory Tonic
For those of you who aren’t crazy about smoothies, here’s a very simple drink that will provide an alkaline response in the body and reduce inflammation. This would be a great drink to add to your detox routine as its super beneficial to the body. Even if you don’t have a juicer, this one is easy to mix in the blender.
- 2 Cups of coconut water, unsweetened
- 2 Inch piece of fresh, organic turmeric (or 1 teaspoon of dried turmeric)
- 1 Inch piece of fresh, organic ginger root
- 1 Organic lemon, peeled and seeds removed
- ¼ Teaspoon sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons of raw honey
Put the coconut water, ginger, and turmeric in your blender and mix for about 30 seconds. When this mixture is finely shredded, strain it into a jar. Add the lemon juice, honey, and salt. Return to the blender for another 30 seconds and enjoy!