- Taking Turmeric? It’s Not Doing Squat Unless You Are Taking Other Things Too
- Healthy Vegan Meals That Cost Less Than $2 Video
- Understanding Addiction: How Does It Happen? Infographic
- Does Nutrition Really Affect Your Stress Levels?
- Are Vitamin D Supplements Effective For Diabetes, Weight Loss, And Blood Pressure? Video
- Are You Aware Of These Food Industry Lies? Infographic
- Sugar: Is It As Addictive As Drugs? Video
6 Steps to Downward Dog Infographic
Adho mukha svanasana, also known as Downward Dog, is one of the most recognizable yoga poses. As you’ve probably guessed, this asana gets its name from the resemblance to a dog’s stretching routine.
The benefits of this simple pose are so diverse that it can truly be described as an “all-in-one” pose. It’s a standing asana which helps to stretch your entire body, as well as develop strength in your arms. It can lessen stiffness in the spine and shoulders and even improve digestion.
However, adho mukha svanasana can be a bit difficult to practice if you have little yoga experience. Here are some tips that will help you nail it:
Click on image to enlarge