- How To Stop Being A Soda Addict Infographic
- Top Tips To Skyrocket Your Energy Throughout The Day Infographic
- Can Omega-3 Fats Really Speed Up Recovery After A Heart Attack?
- Everything You Need To Know About The 3-Day Juice Cleanse Video
- Use This Easy Recipe To Make Oil-Free Vegan Mayonnaise Video
- 5 Easy Ways To Ditch That Cold FAST!
- 12 Of The Top Ingredients In Food Today That Cause Dementia And Alzheimer’s
7 Super Healing Powers of a Humble Apple
Everyone knows the old adage, an apple a day keeps the doctor away. Well that has never been truer than it is today. Modern doctors bring with them drugs, tests, and pharmaceutical “cures” that sometimes are worse than the illness itself. It’s always the best option to use natural means to stay as healthy as possible.
Some of you might be saying to yourselves, yeah, that apple a day stuff was ok for my grandmother but there’s no real truth to that old wives tale, is there? Actually, there is. The medicinal properties in apples are well documented. The phytochemicals in apples have been studied and show benefits in many areas. There are pages and pages of research but let’s take a moment and do a quick overview of the many benefits there are to eating the humble apple.
1. Inhibits Cancer
There are many studies that show eating apples can reduce your risk of colorectal cancer. In some pre-clinical research apples have been experimentally confirmed to kill liver cancer, prevent and suppress breast cancer in animals, and overturn cancer of the esophagus, even stomach cancer.
It’s possible that apples may protect against far more cancer than what is being studied. Just one medium size apple per day was shown to have a reduction in the risk of developing cancer from between 7 per cent for prostate cancer and up to 41 per cent for cancer of the larynx.
2. Reduces Bowel Inflammation
Preclinical research shows that the procyanidins contained in apples can reduce bowel inflammation.
3. Prevents Periodontal Disease
Ever notice how right after you eat an apple your teeth and gums feel super clean? Almost squeaky clean? This is because of quercetin, which is found in tea, onions, and apples. It has antimicrobial properties that can protect your gums against bacterial infection that often leads to gum disease.
Continue to Page 2