- 4 Surefire Steps To Defeat Seasonal Allergies Video
- 10 Smoothie Recipes To Keep You Healthy And Energized Infographic
- A Quick And Easy Smoothie For Beauty, Energy And Weight Loss Video
- How To Stop Being A Soda Addict Infographic
- Top Tips To Skyrocket Your Energy Throughout The Day Infographic
- Can Omega-3 Fats Really Speed Up Recovery After A Heart Attack?
- Everything You Need To Know About The 3-Day Juice Cleanse Video
Best Natural Remedies for Relief of Neck Pain
We’ve all been there; after a long day at the office or working on crafts, or cooking, and cleaning under the supervision of your mother in law, and helping your 3 year old learn to color inside the lines, your neck become stiff and painful. Just turning your head makes you wince with pain. Although you could grab one of those over the counter pain relievers, most of these cause stomach upset and even make your stomach bleed.
There are plenty of other natural ways to deal with neck pain. Yes, telling your mother in law to go home is one of them, but keep reading to find out all the other natural remedies that you can apply to get rid of neck pain once and for all. Your mother in law is probably coming back.
1. Apply a Cool Compress
Make your own compress by wetting a washrag and placing it inside a plastic zip lock baggie. Place it in the freezer for about 30 minutes, remove, and apply it to your neck. Keeping one or two of these compresses in the freezer means that instant pain relief will be minutes away.
2. Try a Warm Compress
If a cold compress doesn’t give you the relief you are looking for, or if the thought of getting chilled doesn’t suit you, try a warm compress. Use a hot water bottle, a warming neck wrap, or a hot towel from the clothes dryer. Heat relaxes sore and stiff muscles and can naturally relieve tension.
3. Lie Down
Sometimes all your neck needs is a rest. Try lying down on the sofa or bed and just relax for 15 or 20 minutes. When you continue to work with a sore neck, it often brings about tension headaches. Giving your neck a break might be all you need to stop the pain.
Continue to Page 2