- Understanding Addiction: How Does It Happen? Infographic
- Does Nutrition Really Affect Your Stress Levels?
- Are Vitamin D Supplements Effective For Diabetes, Weight Loss, And Blood Pressure? Video
- Are You Aware Of These Food Industry Lies? Infographic
- Sugar: Is It As Addictive As Drugs? Video
- Don’t Let Food Labels Fool You Infographic
- 4 Surefire Steps To Defeat Seasonal Allergies Video
Eat the Top 10 Healthiest Vegetables Ever
In order to have a healthy body, everyone knows you must eat your veggies. Your daily quota is five to nine servings, and sometimes it’s hard to fit that into a single day’s food. It’s important that you do so, however, to keep your immune system up to par to battle cancer, diabetes, and heart disease.
Information gathered from the USDA National Nutrient Database rated the world’s most popular veggies by their fiber, vitamin, potassium, lutein, and calorie count. Some veggies topped out with more than a whopping 1,000 points! Others, however, well, let’s just say that, with a score of less than 54 points, iceberg lettuce should hide its head (yes, pun intended) in shame.
Want to find out which veggies are the healthiest, which ones give you the most bang for your serving buck, so to speak? Aren’t you dying to find out if your favorite veggie makes the cut? Check out which vegetables top the list right here. Let’s start our way from the bottom and work our way up to the number one powerhouse vegetable.
Almost everyone loves carrots. One little veggie is only 30 calories and comes packed with fiber, vitamin C, tons of vitamin A, and lutein.
Adding fruits and veggies that are full of lutein to your diet can lower your risk of heart disease and vitamin A can keep your skin and hair, as well as keeping your vision, in tip top shape.