- 7-Minute Yoga Practice For Stress Relief Video
- Please, Don’t Pass The Sugar: The Best Healthy Alternatives Infographic
- The Unbelievable Benefits Of Orange Essential Oil Video
- Heart Healthy Foods That Really Satisfy!
- 15 Different Teas To Cure Any Ailment Infographic
- Top 5 Health Supplements You Should Add To Your Diet Infographic
- Do You Wake Up At The Same Time Every Night? Here Are Some Surprising Reasons Why
Giant List Of Basic Herbs And Their Typical Uses (You Will Want To Print This!)
If you have ever had a sore throat, nagging cough, or relentless back pain and wondered which herb would work best for you, this is the list you have been needing.
Although herbal medicine is a complex science, this doesn’t mean you can’t use common herbs to treat common problems.
Of course, always use common sense and know when something is seriously wrong or when something isn’t working for you and that you need to seek medical help.
Most of the herbs on this list have a long, documented history of working effectively for certain problems. From the Native Americans to the Ancient Egyptians, herbs have been a source of healing. If you are new to herbs, the list might seem overwhelming, but if you take some time to familiarize yourself with the list, you should be able to find the herbs you want for the problem you are having pretty quickly.
Please take your time and be certain that you are using the correct herb for your particular problem. Never stop taking medications or start consuming herbs if you are currently taking prescription medications without speaking to your doctor. If you are pregnant or nursing, please consult with your doctor before consuming any herbs, no matter how mild they might seem.
Also, give herbs time to work. Many of us have become accustomed to our “instant on” world, but herbs work slowly and gently, allowing the body to time to heal and revitalize itself. Be patient.
One last note; many herbs have their own precautions or special notes (such as possible toxicity if consumed in large quantities or interactions with other drugs). If you are not certain about a particular drug or if you have any concerns at all, do more research about the herb you wish to use or speak with your doctor.
List of Commonly Used Herbs
- Acerola: Respiratory support, immune system support, anti-aging
- Acorus: Heart palpitations, seizures, withdrawal symptoms
- Agrimony: Jaundice, bladder irritation, liver support
- Alfalfa: Menopause symptoms, frequent nosebleeds, cancer, diabetes
- Aloe Vera: Burns, wounds, digestive problems
- American Ginseng: Energy, stress, sex drive, blood pressure
- Andiroba: Cuts, dermatitis, wounds, scrapes
- Andrographis: Cold, flu, digestive problems
- Angelica: Respiratory support, blood pressure, digestive problems
- Anise: Flu, colic, bad breath, head congestion
- Arjuna: Digestive problems, gonorrhea, heart problems
- Arnica: Pain, bruises, infections, painful joints
- Artemisia: UTI’s, constipation, diarrhea, infections
- Asafoetida: Colic, IBS, nervous problems
- Ashwagandah: Memory problem, sex drive, weight loss, arthritis
- Avena: Menopause problems, anxiety, ADD, eczema
Continue to Page 2