- Taking Turmeric? It’s Not Doing Squat Unless You Are Taking Other Things Too
- Healthy Vegan Meals That Cost Less Than $2 Video
- Understanding Addiction: How Does It Happen? Infographic
- Does Nutrition Really Affect Your Stress Levels?
- Are Vitamin D Supplements Effective For Diabetes, Weight Loss, And Blood Pressure? Video
- Are You Aware Of These Food Industry Lies? Infographic
- Sugar: Is It As Addictive As Drugs? Video
Are Grains Killing Our Brains? Video
The average American diet consists of 75% of carbs and 20% of fat.
According to neurologist and author of the book “Grain Brain,” Dr. Perlmutter, common problems such as headaches and high percentage of cases of Alzheimer’s disease are caused by a poor diet which is high in carbs.
People used to eat only 5% of carbs and 75% of fat centuries ago, and the presence of brain illnesses was not so high. In his book Dr. Perlmutter talks about the danger of grains, and gives certain recommendations toward following a healthy, brain-happy diet.
Listen to what he thinks about grains. Isn’t it crazy?