- A Quick And Easy Smoothie For Beauty, Energy And Weight Loss Video
- How To Stop Being A Soda Addict Infographic
- Top Tips To Skyrocket Your Energy Throughout The Day Infographic
- Can Omega-3 Fats Really Speed Up Recovery After A Heart Attack?
- Everything You Need To Know About The 3-Day Juice Cleanse Video
- Use This Easy Recipe To Make Oil-Free Vegan Mayonnaise Video
- 5 Easy Ways To Ditch That Cold FAST!
Make Your Own Lemon Sugar Hand Scrub Recipe!
Is there anything better than a handmade gift that is thoughtful and useful? (And smells great at the same time?!) Well, perhaps having all the ingredients on hand makes it even better! The following recipe for a super handy hand scrub is so simple, you probably have everything right in your kitchen. This scrub is perfect for everyone and leaves hands feeling soft, smooth, and smelling sweet!
Sugar scrubs are super popular and make terrific gifts for family and friends. You’re sure to make a jar for your family as well once you smell it and see how great it works. This lemon hand scrub is perfect for removing dirt and grease from your husband’s mechanic hands, your kid’s messy fingers, and your own garden-weary hands. If you love to do crafts but find that removing all the glue, paint, and other craft leftovers from your nails rather difficult, you will love this scrub. Craft glue and glitter just seem to slide right off!
This takes only minutes to make but lasts for weeks as you only need a small amount to make your hands soft, clean, and pretty once more.
Place this sugar scrub in a pretty Mason jar or other type of glass jar, decorate with a ribbon, and you have a useful, beautiful, inexpensive gift. You could even include a tablespoon, as that’s about all you need to scrub your hands clean.
Start making these now and you will have gifts for Valentine’s Day, Easter, Mother’s Day, birthdays, and any other holiday you can imagine.
Make Your Own Lemon Sugar Hand Scrub
- 12 ounce Mason Jar
- 2.5 cups of white sugar (you can also use brown sugar but it doesn’t look quite as pretty)
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil, almond oil, or coconut oil
- 4 to 6 tablespoons of lemon juice (you can add more or less, depending on how strong you like it. Start with 4 tablespoons and add more if you like)
Simply mix these together and spoon into the jar of your choice. Be sure it has a tight fitting lid. If it sits for too long, it might separate, but you simply need to remix and it’s good to go again.
Many people find olive oil is bit strong smelling. You can use another type of oil or add a few more tablespoons of lemon juice to fix this problem. Although this says hand scrub, it also works well on just about any part of the body. This mixture does not need to be refrigerated but should never be left in direct sunlight, as the oils can go rancid.
You can use essential oil rather than fresh lemon juice, but the fresh juice really cuts through grease. Enjoy! Read more about essential oils everyone should have at home.