- Are Vitamin D Supplements Effective For Diabetes, Weight Loss, And Blood Pressure? Video
- Are You Aware Of These Food Industry Lies? Infographic
- Sugar: Is It As Addictive As Drugs? Video
- Don’t Let Food Labels Fool You Infographic
- 4 Surefire Steps To Defeat Seasonal Allergies Video
- 10 Smoothie Recipes To Keep You Healthy And Energized Infographic
- A Quick And Easy Smoothie For Beauty, Energy And Weight Loss Video
Not All Bacteria Are Bad: This One Will See You Through the Flu Season!
It’s winter time, folks, and the holidays are right upon us! You know what this means; presents, food, family, friends, and the flu. It’s the kick in the butt no one wants to get, but nearly everyone does.
Or do you plan on going the toxic, mercury filled flu shot route? You know, it doesn’t have to be one or the other! You can avoid that kick in the butt and the injection by taking a proactive, yet natural approach to fending off the cold and flu bugs this year. How? By taking probiotics. Yep, probiotics.
One of the main functions of the good bacteria in your digestive system is to stimulate and improve your immune response. By keeping your gut bacteria healthy and strong, you will also be keeping your immune system healthy.
We have more than 1,000 types of bacteria living our digestive systems. Actually, bacteria outnumber our cells 10 to 1!
Consuming probiotics can help guard you from illness in several ways. Think of probiotics as a miniature army of “good guys”. They kill off, as well as out-populate, the bad bacteria, or the bad guys. When there are more good guys, they eat most of the food, leaving very little for the bad guys. Probiotics also lighten the load for your immune system by making a protective mucosal layer inside your digestive tract. This is like an extra layer of defense from the ‘bad guys’ (pathogens). Probiotics also increase the activity and concentration of certain types of immune system cells in the body. All of this adds up to super, yet effective, immune system response for fighting off just about anything that comes your way.
Continue to Page 2