- Coffee Jitters: Any Cure?
- Taking Turmeric? It’s Not Doing Squat Unless You Are Taking Other Things Too
- Healthy Vegan Meals That Cost Less Than $2 Video
- Understanding Addiction: How Does It Happen? Infographic
- Does Nutrition Really Affect Your Stress Levels?
- Are Vitamin D Supplements Effective For Diabetes, Weight Loss, And Blood Pressure? Video
- Are You Aware Of These Food Industry Lies? Infographic
One Extraordinary Spice that Kills Two Common Types of Cancer
What has anti-inflammatory properties, can stop nausea in its tracks, eliminates excess gas in minutes, has been credited with being an aphrodisiac, and now, in a new study, has been shown to stop certain cancers while leaving healthy cells in tact? Ginger. That’s right, ginger, that little spice you most likely have sitting in your spice cabinet right now. Ancient Indian and Arabic cultures have been using it as a part of homeopathic medicine for centuries. What makes ginger so special? Its secret is in the explosive oils it contains. That is what also gives it its strong taste. Ginger plants grow in rhizomes, or tubes that look something like knarled fingers. The younger parts of the plant are what is generally used in cooking because they are milder, with the older rhizomes used for medicinal purposes.
What is this about ginger and cancer?
The University of Michigan recently completed a study that showed ingesting fresh ginger can kill the cancerous cells from ovarian cancer, but also decimated the cancer cells in men with prostate cancer. Doctors have known for some time that ginger can be a great help to those who are going through chemotherapy, as it does wonders to combat nausea and can increase appetite, but in larger amounts it can kill cancer cells with its own miraculous properties. More than 15 per cent of American men will be diagnosed with cancer of the prostate this year, and more than 20,000 women will be told they have ovarian cancer. Although corporate medicine would like you to believe that the only hope is radiation and chemotherapy, ginger would more than likely be able to stop many of these cancers cold.
How does it work exactly?
Well, although scientists don’t exactly know how it works, they do know that ginger inhibits the grown of angiogenic parts of cancer cells in patients with ovarian cancer and in men with prostate cancer, ingesting larger amounts of ginger shrank the prostate tumor by an almost unbelievable 56 per cent.
Is it truly safe to use?
One of the great things about ginger is that it has no toxicity, even when eaten in large quantities. It has absolutely no side effects, which is something that no one will ever say about chemotherapy or radiation. Find out also cancer causing foods.
Can it be used for other things?
Ginger has been used for almost 3 hundred years as a treatment for many things, including:
- Morning sickness and nausea of all kinds.
- It’s an excellent way to aid digestion. In India, sticks of ginger mixed with lemon juice and a bit of salt, are served with almost every meal to combat indigestion. It is believed that ginger increases saliva flow and other digestive juices, settling the stomach.
- Ginger has great anti-inflammatory properties, so it can relieve the pain and swelling of joints.
- Many people use ginger as a way of combating motion sickness. Just a cup of ginger tea before you travel and no more upset stomach or dizziness.
- Ginger tea has been used for years as way to relieve sore throats and headaches.
- Fresh ginger has also been used to treat asthma and coughs.
- Some believe it can shorten the length of a cold or flu virus. Read more about natural foods that cure colds.
There are many other beneficial properties ginger can bring to your life. Ginger tea is available in all organic and health food stores but you might also want to try adding a little fresh ginger to your juice drinks, along with your other vegetables. Try adding a bit of freshly diced ginger to many of your meals, such as rice, or in beans and soups, to incorporate a bit of this wonderful spice, and all its benefits, into your life.