- 5 Easy Ways To Ditch That Winter Cold FAST!
- 12 Of The Top Ingredients In Food Today That Cause Dementia And Alzheimer’s
- Upgrade Your Snack Game To Get More Fiber And Protein Infographic
- 5 Amazing Fully Raw Salad Dressings For Any Occasion Video
- How To Be Smart About Using Smartphones And Other Gadgets Infographic
- The Many Benefits Of Frankincense Oil
- Why Sauerkraut Is The Solution To All Of Life’s Problems
Pump Up Your Immune System With These Probiotic Foods!
Cold and flu season is here. Are you ready for it? You don’t want to get that ineffective flu shot but other than washing your hands and living like a hermit, what else can you do?
You can improve your immune system so that you naturally fight off viruses!
Did you know that about 80 percent of your immune system lies in your digestive tract? It’s true! The good bacteria in your gut are responsible for killing off a great many bad guys before they ever get a chance to multiply.
Unfortunately, most Americans do not eat enough of the healthy foods that feed those “good guys.” Also, every time you consume antibiotics, you are killing off the good bacteria as well as the bad.
Pump up your immune system by feeding it probiotics. These are live microorganisms that have powerful benefits for the body, the immune system, your digestive system, and your brain. Studies have shown that people who consume lots of probiotics have better digestion, improved heart function, and lower rates of depression.
Want to know more? Keep reading! We made a list of 12 of the best probiotic foods in the world! Add these to your diet to beat the flu without no stinkin’ shot!
1. Sourdough Bread
You probably did not realize that bread could contain probiotics, but it’s a fact. Sourdough bread is made from a sourdough starter, which works much the same way yeast does. This starter contains lactobacillus, which is a terrific probiotic. Also, sourdough bread is low on the glycemic index, which means it won’t spike your blood sugar the way other types of white bread do.
Continue to Page 2