- Healthy Vegan Meals That Cost Less Than $2 Video
- Understanding Addiction: How Does It Happen? Infographic
- Does Nutrition Really Affect Your Stress Levels?
- Are Vitamin D Supplements Effective For Diabetes, Weight Loss, And Blood Pressure? Video
- Are You Aware Of These Food Industry Lies? Infographic
- Sugar: Is It As Addictive As Drugs? Video
- Don’t Let Food Labels Fool You Infographic
Shocking 10 Foods Americans Eat that are BANNED in Other Countries!
Most Americans assume that if the FDA has approved a food or dairy product, then it’s perfectly safe to eat. This is a dangerous assumption friend! Now it’s true that the FDA passed some new regulations to keep the fresh food supply safer, however, for some reason known only to the FDA, they continue to allow certain foods to be sold in the U.S. that are banned in other countries.. The sad truth is, America is the richest country in the world yet, and its food is incredibly inferior to that of other countries. An American nutritionist, Mira Calton, and her husband, Dr. Jay Calton, traveled to more than 100 countries to study more than 150 ingredients and food products that are forbidden by other governments due to their damaging effect on human health. Here is a list of the top 10 foodstuffs and ingredients that are banned in many other countries but allowed in the USA.
1. Olestra aka Olean
This is a calorie and cholesterol free fat substitute made by Procter and Gamble to make fat free snacks such as potato chips and French fries. There have been several reports of terrible intestinal reactions to this products including cramps, severe diarrhea, and leaking bowels. It also keeps the body from absorbing vitamins such as A, D, E, and K, so much so that the FDA demands that these vitamins be added to any product that contains Olean.
This product is banned in the UK and Canada.