- Top Tips To Skyrocket Your Energy Throughout The Day Infographic
- Can Omega-3 Fats Really Speed Up Recovery After A Heart Attack?
- Everything You Need To Know About The 3-Day Juice Cleanse Video
- Use This Easy Recipe To Make Oil-Free Vegan Mayonnaise Video
- 5 Easy Ways To Ditch That Cold FAST!
- 12 Of The Top Ingredients In Food Today That Cause Dementia And Alzheimer’s
- Upgrade Your Snack Game To Get More Fiber And Protein Infographic
The 10 Secret Signs You Might Be Gluten Intolerant
Going gluten free seems to be the latest thing, but it’s much more than just a fad. There are studies showing that more than 55 diseases have been associated with the protein that is found in wheat, barley, and rye. Many people tolerate gluten just fine, but how do you know if you are one of the 15 per cent of the population that just can’t stomach gluten? Here is a list of the top ten symptoms. If you have four or more, you might want to cut gluten out of your diet.
1. Stomach and other digestive problems
If you are experiencing bloating, excess gas, cramps, diarrhea, nausea, and/or constipation soon after eating foods that contain gluten, you should try to eliminate gluten from your meals and see if the problems go away.
SEE ALSO: How to Keep Children Safe Infographic
2. Extreme fatigue
Feeling like your brain is in a fog or feeling excessively tired after eating might mean you have gluten intolerance.
Frequent inflammation or swelling, combined with pain in your joints such as fingers, elbows, hips, and ankles is a common sign.
Many doctors believe that mood disorders such as anxiety, panic attacks, ADHD, and depression are often related to an intolerance of gluten. Read more about children with mental disorders.
5. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or Fibromyalgia
When you have general pain, or extreme fatigue issues that your doctor simply cannot pin down the root cause, they often go with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or Fibromyalgia. It could be, however, a gluten intolerance that is the origin of the problem. Instead of medication, try cutting out gluten and see if this resolves some of your issues.