- 10 All Natural Antibiotics You Don’t Need A Prescription For
- 12 Naturally Healthy Alternatives To Processed Sweeteners Infographic
- 14 Ways To Whiten Your Teeth Naturally Without Ruining Your Enamel
- 5 Turmeric Tea Recipes For Better Health Infographic
- The Many Uses Of Lemon Essential Oil Infographic
- Are Cookbooks Dangerous To Use?
- Bad Eating Habits And How to Break Them Once And For All Infographic
The Incredible Power Of Beets
Most people only know beets as the pickled staple that is found on most salad bars. They have just enough flavor that people either like them or hate them. With all that beets have going for them, it might be time you gave these jeweled colored veggies a chance.
1. Heart healthy
Beets consist of nitrates that occur naturally in the vegetable. When consuming raw beets, they are able to reduce blood pressure levels by up to 5 points in a couple of hours. The nitric oxide in the beets relaxes the blood vessels, and dilates them which increases the blood flow. The nitrates in the beets are as effective in treating congestive heart failure and angina as taking nitrates in their prescription form. Beet juice is also able to increase the strength of patients who end up with a diminished ability to exercise. Just two-thirds of a cup of the beet juice increased their abilities by 13 percent.
2. Anti-cancer benefits
The same phytonutrients that make beets such a deep reddish/purple color are what keeps tumors from forming and offer a variety of anti-cancer components. The extract of the roots of beets has been used to treat prostate, pancreatic, and breast cancer.
3. Help immune system
When consumed raw, the makeup of beets helps to improve the immune function. The combination of fiber, manganese, potassium, and high levels of vitamin C are what work together to boost the immune system. The betalin pigments in beets along with the amino acids work in conjunction with the detoxification process of the body purifying the liver and your blood,
Continue to Page 2