- A Quick And Easy Smoothie For Beauty, Energy And Weight Loss Video
- How To Stop Being A Soda Addict Infographic
- Top Tips To Skyrocket Your Energy Throughout The Day Infographic
- Can Omega-3 Fats Really Speed Up Recovery After A Heart Attack?
- Everything You Need To Know About The 3-Day Juice Cleanse Video
- Use This Easy Recipe To Make Oil-Free Vegan Mayonnaise Video
- 5 Easy Ways To Ditch That Cold FAST!
The Many Health Benefits of Fresh Mint Leaves
Who doesn’t love the fresh tasting, fresh smelling scent of mint? Peppermint has been used for centuries. It has even been found in the Egyptian pyramids, dating back to at least 1,000BC. Although everyone loves the taste, modern science can now confirm that this wonderful herb has dozens of healing properties.
Our ancestors were well acquainted with the medicinal value of mint. It’s been used for healing purposes by the ancient Romans, Greeks, and Egyptians.
Today’s modern research shows that mint has many different abilities for healing, including topical, internal, and aromatic applications.
Keep reading to find out all the healing properties fresh mint leaves, essential oils, and other forms of mint can offer you.
1. Stops the Pain of Shingles
A study done in 2002 found that applying peppermint oil directly to shingles stopped the pain from associated neuropathic shingles. In fact, this pain relieving effect lasted during the entire 2 month study.
2. Stops Dyspepsia
The Ailment Pharmacology and Therapy journal published a study in 2000 showed that when subjects who suffered from functional dyspepsia took 90mg of peppermint oil along with 50mg of caraway seed oil each day, 67 percent of subjects reported that their symptoms were much improved.
3. Inhibits the Herpes Virus
Consuming peppermint has been found to inhibit the activity of the herpes simplex virus type 1, including types that were acyclovir resistant. Read more about top all-natural anti-viral compounds.
Continue to Page 2