- Glutathione: What Is It And Why You Should Start Taking It Now!
- Here Are 4 Steps You Can Take To Naturally Lower Cholesterol Video
- Red Seaweed’s Power To Fight Cancer & More
- 13 Yoga Poses For Inner Peace During Stressful Times Infographic
- New Research Finds Post-Birth Depression Can Occur In Fathers, Too
- A 10-Minute Workout For Perfect Abs Video
- Is Climate Change Increasing The Spread Of Disease?
The Perils Of A Toxic Relationship
Human beings are made to be together – we are social beings that crave affection and attention. This desire to have a meaningful connection can sometimes lead us down the wrong path or attract us to the wrong person. Sometimes it may be the result of loneliness or even desperation, and those feelings will compound over time. When we choose a relationship with a toxic person, they can be damaging to our health and wellbeing.
What is a Toxic Person Or Relationship?
You may be wondering, Am I in a toxic relationship? How do I know if I am with someone who is a toxic personality? A toxic person is one who demands a lot of your time and attention, so much so that they take everything you have to give and give little back in return. A toxic relationship can be physically and emotionally exhausting, like an emotional vampire who sucks the life out of you and your relationship.
If this description sounds like your current relationship or describes your current partner, you may be in a toxic relationship right now. In fact, toxic people and relationships can come in a lot of forms, whether they’re a romantic partner, friendship, or even a parent.
Many times we hang onto toxic people in our lives because we sincerely believe that we can make things work. Unfortunately, this couldn’t be further from the truth. Toxic people will always be toxic and tear down the things we build, no matter how hard we try. The only way to understand how damaging this type of relationship can be is to get away from it.
Continue to Page 2