- The Powerful Healing Benefits of Ginger Video
- Say Goodbye To Fatigue With These Powerful Vitamins And Minerals Infographic
- Coffee Jitters: Any Cure?
- Taking Turmeric? It’s Not Doing Squat Unless You Are Taking Other Things Too
- Healthy Vegan Meals That Cost Less Than $2 Video
- Understanding Addiction: How Does It Happen? Infographic
- Does Nutrition Really Affect Your Stress Levels?
The Top 5 All Natural Sugar Substitutes for Better Health!
Everyone knows refined white sugar is not good for your body. It greatly increases your risk for many health problems including diabetes and heart disease, not to mention weight gain. You’ve surely seen the supermarket shelves that are filled with “substitutes”, chemical substitutes most of them. These artificial sweeteners, such as sucralose, saccharin, and aspartame, have all been linked to various health problems and even an increased risk of developing certain types of cancers.
These “fake” sugar substitutes should be avoided at all costs for the sake of your health. Find out other cancer causing foods.
So what can you do or add to your favorite foods when you have a sweet tooth or want to cook something that requires the use of sugar? There are plenty of all natural sweeteners you can use. These are minimally processed, and most contain at least some nutritional value and/or antioxidants. Here is a list of the top 5 all natural sweeteners you can use for better health.
1. Maple Syrup
Not the same as the “pancake syrup” you are used to using. Pancake syrup is nothing more than fructose or corn syrup with maple coloring and artificially flavored. Be sure the label says real maple syrup.
This natural sweetener, from maple trees, contains small amounts of zinc and calcium, and a large amount of riboflavin, which is an essential element for helping your body pull energy from the foods you eat. It also has antioxidant properties.