- 6 Great Toast Ideas To Boost Your Energy In The Morning Video
- Why You Need More Peppermint In Your Life
- Health Facts And Old Wives’ Tales: Can You Tell Them Apart? Infographic
- The Unexpected Health Benefits Of Kale!
- Granola: 6 Facts You Need To Know About Your Crunchy Breakfast Video
- The Best Foods For Healthy Teeth Infographic
- Superfood Essentials List (You May Not Have Known About #4!)
Top 10 Natural Ways to Increase Your White Blood Cell Count and Immune System
This little-thought-of mineral is vital for the production of white blood cells that fight infection. Zinc also helps them fight much more aggressively.
Zinc increases the number of killer cells and allows white blood cells to release more antibodies in their fight against the bad guys. Studies show that zinc supplements slow the growth of cancer and increase the number of infection fighting T-cells. One thing about zinc, however, is that you can overdo it.
Consuming more than 75mg per day actually inhibits immune function. Aim to get most of your zinc from your diet. 15 to 25mg is sufficient for most people.