- Taking Turmeric? It’s Not Doing Squat Unless You Are Taking Other Things Too
- Healthy Vegan Meals That Cost Less Than $2 Video
- Understanding Addiction: How Does It Happen? Infographic
- Does Nutrition Really Affect Your Stress Levels?
- Are Vitamin D Supplements Effective For Diabetes, Weight Loss, And Blood Pressure? Video
- Are You Aware Of These Food Industry Lies? Infographic
- Sugar: Is It As Addictive As Drugs? Video
Top 10 Super Healthy Sources of Fiber
One of the best ways to get that lean and healthy body is to fuel it with low carb yet high fiber foods. Why low carb? This way, your blood sugar doesn’t go on a roller coaster ride. Eating fiber gives you bulk so you feel fuller while still eating fewer calories. This sometimes means that you will be eating a large volume of food, but this is ok since these foods also tend to be low in calories.
Think of fiber as a speed bump for your digestion. It slows the rate as which nutrients are absorbed by the body, which means you have sustained energy levels while it does a good job of managing your hunger, which means you should lose weight.
Check out our list of the top 10 gotta eat ‘em healthy foods that will really bulk up your fiber intake without bulking up your belly.
1. Brussels Sprouts
The food every kid hates, but you should love. Brussels sprouts are similar to cabbage and broccoli.
They also have many of the same health benefits, along with being high in fiber. Just 10 sprouts have 7 grams of fiber.
Try broiling them with a bit of olive oil and salt.