- Taking Turmeric? It’s Not Doing Squat Unless You Are Taking Other Things Too
- Healthy Vegan Meals That Cost Less Than $2 Video
- Understanding Addiction: How Does It Happen? Infographic
- Does Nutrition Really Affect Your Stress Levels?
- Are Vitamin D Supplements Effective For Diabetes, Weight Loss, And Blood Pressure? Video
- Are You Aware Of These Food Industry Lies? Infographic
- Sugar: Is It As Addictive As Drugs? Video
Top 12 Ways To Deal With Breast Pain (#10 Is Wicked Cool!)
One of the most common complaints among women is breast pain. Your doctor will call it mastalgia. The California Pacific Medical Center states that breast pain affects anywhere between 50 and 70 percent of all women at one time or another.
Breast pain is most common during the menstrual cycle or during menopause. Some of the most common symptoms are a feeling of heaviness, stabbing pains, swelling, soreness, or tenderness. The pain can vary between mild to severe. It can happen monthly or only occasionally.
Mastalgia can be classified into two main types:
- Cyclical – Meaning that the intensity of the pain changes during the menstrual cycle. This is the most common type of breast pain.
- Non-Cyclical – The pain intensity does not change during the menstrual cycle.
Cyclical pain is quite normal and occurs either just before or during the menstrual cycle. This is due to the hormonal changes that happen at this time. Non-cyclical is due to other issues that affect the breasts including prior surgeries, trauma, or cysts in the breast.
Other causes of mastalgia are the use of certain medications, having very large breasts, breastfeeding, and an imbalance of fatty acids within the cells of the breast and bras that do not fit properly.
If you have unexplained breast pain that goes on for days and occurs in one part of the breast only, see your doctor.
For those of you who suffer from breast pain that occurs before or during your menstrual cycle, we have 12 of the best natural remedies that can help to relieve your discomfort.
Keep reading so you can feel comfortable every day of the month!
Continue to Page 2