- Natural And Simple Ways To End Addictions
- Effective Home Remedies For Vertigo
- Release Toxins From Your Body With This Sugar-Free Detox Guide Infographic
- How Much Screen Time Is Okay For Teens?
- 10 Natural Ways To Quit Smoking
- Make Sure To Keep These 10 Foods Out Of The Fridge Video
- A Rainbow On Your Plate: A Guide To Eating More Colorfully Infographic
Top 20 Anti-Cancer Herbs and Plants
Onion is associated with a variety of pharmacological properties, including anti-inflammatory, antibiotic, and anti-carcinogenic. They are high in polyphenols, which help prevent diseases, including cancer, and in antioxidants, which are well-known cancer fighters. These popular veggies also contain a compound called quercetin, which has been shown to decrease tumor cells.
There is a definite relationship between the consumption of onions and the risk of common cancers. Researchers from the Italian Mario Negri Institute for Pharmacological Research compiled data from both Italian and Swiss controlled studies and logistic models for onion consumption and cancer rates. The risk rates vary, but onions lowered the risk of colorectal, ovarian, renal cell, prostate, esophageal, mouth, and breast cancers.
Continue to Page 3