- A Quick And Easy Smoothie For Beauty, Energy And Weight Loss Video
- How To Stop Being A Soda Addict Infographic
- Top Tips To Skyrocket Your Energy Throughout The Day Infographic
- Can Omega-3 Fats Really Speed Up Recovery After A Heart Attack?
- Everything You Need To Know About The 3-Day Juice Cleanse Video
- Use This Easy Recipe To Make Oil-Free Vegan Mayonnaise Video
- 5 Easy Ways To Ditch That Cold FAST!
Top 6 Coffee Alternatives
So many of us are running on empty, so to speak, going through our days with very little sleep and depending on coffee to get us by. Ok, so a cup of coffee now and again isn’t going to hurt you but that’s not what we are talking about here. This is directed at those of you who make and drink a cup at home, drive to Starbucks for another, and then refill that Starbucks cup once you are at work, just to keep yourself from falling back dead asleep. You know who you are, you serious caffeine addicts! Find out more about caffeine addiction. All joking aside, this type of intense caffeine intake is keeping you from paying attention to the signals that your body is trying to give you; that you need more sleep!
Want to break that caffeine habit but don’t want to pay the consequences of blinding headaches and the jitters? It doesn’t have to be that difficult. Here is a list of the 6 super food alternatives that can keep you calm and still give you the energy kick you are looking for.
1. Roasted Dandelion Root
This is a great coffee replacement. If you have never tried it, you will be surprised at how similar the taste is to coffee. It’s slightly bitter, just like coffee, but mixes well with honey, and milk, just like your coffee. Dandelion root has no caffeine but it has the added benefit of being very beneficial to your liver. Most health food stores offer dandelion root in an “instant” form; add hot water and it’s ready!