- Does Aspartame Cause Cancer? This Information Could Save Your Life Video
- Older Mothers More Likely To Have Twins? Some Interesting Facts About Older Parents
- GMOs In The USA: What’s The Big Deal? Infographic
- 10 Best Ways You Can Lose Weight Fast
- 3 Easy Fish Recipes For A Healthy Dinner Video
- Vitamin C Treatment Can Help Prevent Arterial Arrhythmia
- 12 Mental Benefits You Can Get From Exercise Infographic
Turmeric Mixed With One Common Thing Could Literally Save Lives
If you are a regular reader at NaturalOn, you know that turmeric has numerous health benefits. Now, a group of scientists has come to the conclusion that mixing turmeric with everyday black pepper could be one of the greatest sources of protection against breast cancer. Scientists from the University of Michigan have also found that this same mixture can even benefit those who are already suffering from breast cancer.
As we previously mentioned, turmeric is a very powerful herb; however, the body has a difficult time absorbing it. Since turmeric is a fat soluble herb, you can improve the absorption somewhat by consuming turmeric with a fatty meal or a glass of milk, but the best way to improve the absorption rate of turmeric is to consume a bit of black pepper with it. Black pepper improves the absorption rate by 2000 percent! Yes, you read that right! Not 20 percent, not 200 percent, but 2,000 percent!
In case you have not heard about all the benefits that turmeric has to offer, let’s take a look at just a few of the things scientists know it can do for us:
1. Super Powerful Depression Fighter
Some of the compounds in turmeric and black pepper, such a piperine and curcumin, are powerful anti-depressants. They increase both serotonin and dopamine in the brain while preventing the activity of enzymes (mono-amine oxidase) which has been linked to depression levels when this enzyme becomes too high.
Continue to Page 2