- This Month-By-Month Guide Will Help You Buy Fruits In Season Infographic
- The Surprising Dangers Of Sleep Deprivation Infographic
- Stressed And Tired? Meditation Is The Answer Infographic
- The 3 Most Surprising Health Benefits Of Blueberries (They Make You Smarter, Too!)
- Chlorella Can Be Your Detox Secret Weapon!
- 15 Important Facts You Need To Know About Caffeine
- Learn More About Organic And GMO Food Infographic
Understanding Addiction: How Does It Happen? Infographic
The word “addiction” comes from a Latin phrase meaning “enslaved by.” And if you’ve had any experience with overcoming this condition, you probably understand very well why it was named in such a manner.
In general terms, addiction involves the loss of control over using or consuming, immense craving and indulging in something in spite of harmful consequences.
There are many types of addictive substances, including alcohol and more powerful drugs. However, recent brain studies show that various activities, such as shopping and gambling, can have the same effect.
Learn more about addiction in the infographic below.
Click on image to enlarge