- The Many Uses Of Lemon Essential Oil Infographic
- Are Cookbooks Dangerous To Use?
- Bad Eating Habits And How to Break Them Once And For All Infographic
- Are You Allergic To All Nuts?
- The Unlimited Health Benefits Of Goji Berries Infographic
- Is Your Sunscreen Causing More Cancer Than The Sun?
- Take Your Dishes To A New Level With These Spice Combos Infographic
Understanding Addiction: How Does It Happen? Infographic
The word “addiction” comes from a Latin phrase meaning “enslaved by.” And if you’ve had any experience with overcoming this condition, you probably understand very well why it was named in such a manner.
In general terms, addiction involves the loss of control over using or consuming, immense craving and indulging in something in spite of harmful consequences.
There are many types of addictive substances, including alcohol and more powerful drugs. However, recent brain studies show that various activities, such as shopping and gambling, can have the same effect.
Learn more about addiction in the infographic below.
Click on image to enlarge