- Are Cookbooks Dangerous To Use?
- Bad Eating Habits And How to Break Them Once And For All Infographic
- Are You Allergic To All Nuts?
- The Unlimited Health Benefits Of Goji Berries Infographic
- Is Your Sunscreen Causing More Cancer Than The Sun?
- Take Your Dishes To A New Level With These Spice Combos Infographic
- Iodine: Why It’s Important And How To Avoid Its Deficiency Infographic
What Drinking Ginger Tea Can Do For You
Osteoarthritis is the most common type of arthritis and is a painful condition. The anti-inflammatory properties of ginger tea have proven to reduce the pain caused by this illness. Participants of a clinical trial were able to reduce the amount of medication they were taking for pain.
6. Type 2 diabetes
A study of 41 people who suffered from Type 2 diabetes showed that two grams of powdered ginger taken every day reduced their fasting blood glucose levels by 12 percent. Their long-term glucose levels were lowered by 10 percent after a 12-week period.
7. Heart problems
Ginger also helped reduce two key factors that were responsible for causing heart disease: the ApoB/ApoA-I ratio was reduced by 28 percent and the oxidized lipoproteins were lowered by 23 percent.
Dyspepsia, or chronic indigestion, is the result of the stomach taking too long to empty. Ginger was able to decrease the amount of time it took the stomach to empty from 16 minutes down to 12 minutes.
9. Painful menstrual cycles
Another condition that is helped by the anti-inflammatory properties of ginger is menstrual pain. In a study of 150 women, after taking 1 gram of ginger each day during the first three days of their period, their reduction in pain was just as effective as an over-the-counter non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug such as ibuprofen.
Continue to Page 3