- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
10 Health Benefits Of Sesame Seeds (Remember For Your Next Meal Plan!)
6. Kidney damage
There are many areas where sesame seeds can have a positive effect on patients who suffer from kidney disease. Sesame seeds are able to help lower blood sugar levels. It is high blood sugar that is one of the main causes of kidney problems. Black sesame seeds also act as an anti-inflammatory and help kidney patients deal with any inflammations or infections they may get. Most importantly, black sesame seeds work to tonify your kidneys. An improved kidney function for patients is the end result.
7. Lowers cholesterol
One of the compounds that have been proven to effectively lower cholesterol levels is called phytosterol. This substance is recognized in plants that have a similar makeup as cholesterol. When a person with high cholesterol consumes sesame seeds, the high level of phytosterol is what lowers those levels. According to the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, sesame seeds have one of the highest levels of phytosterol at 400 – 413 mg for every 100 grams or 3.5 ounces.
Continue to Page 4