- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
12 Herbal Remedies for Diabetes
This herb has large amounts of a soluble fiber called mucilage, which can help to regulate the sugar levels in the blood. It also promotes high levels of that good cholesterol (HDL), while, at the same time, reducing overall total cholesterol levels. This can help prevent heart disease, something many diabetics tend to be susceptible to.
In clinical trials with people who had type 2 diabetes, fenugreek proved to be very valuable when it came to reducing the rate at which sugar was being absorbed from the stomach during digestion. It also appears to stimulate the pancreas to increase its production of insulin. Both of these actions are the result of the amino acid in fenugreek that is called 4-hydroxyisoleucine.
This herb is used in many Indian curry sauces and has many benefits for diabetics. If you have trouble finding it at your local health food store, then try Indian cuisine specialty stores.