- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
12 High Fat Foods That Are Surprisingly Healthy
You might think avocado is a vegetable, but it is actually a fruit and, as you might imagine, it is very different from other fruits. This one doesn’t contain much sugar or many carbs, but it is loaded with healthy fats. The truth is that avocados are comprised of about 77 percent fat, a higher level what’s found in many animal products! The good news is that the type of fat this green fruit contains is oleic acid. This is a monounsaturated fat, and it’s the same type of fat found in olive oil, meaning avocadoes are loaded with healthy goodness.
Avocados are also a great source of potassium, and have 40 percent more potassium than bananas. Potassium binds with salt and removes it from the body, lowering blood pressure levels. Studies show that in addition to being a terrific source of fiber, avocados can lower your triglyceride and LDL (bad) cholesterol while improving HDL (good) cholesterol. Many people avoid avocados because of their fat content, but as the research has shown, those who eat more guacamole tend to weigh less and have smaller waistlines than those who don’t.