- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
12 of the Most Powerful Ways to Reduce Swollen Legs, Ankles, and Feet
10. Flaxseed Tea
Here is another good tea option. Put 2 liters of water in a pot and add 8 teaspoons of flaxseed in the water. Place on the stove and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 15 minutes. Turn off the heat, cover, and leave on the stove for one hour. Strain, and then add the juice of 2 organic lemons. Drink this tea twice a day for 2 weeks, or until your swelling has disappeared.
11. Saline Soak
This is a natural way to remove excess water from the body. Dissolve about 2 pounds of plain old salt in 10 liters of cold water. Soak a small towel in this solution and wring it out. Place the towel on the lumbar (lower) part of the back and leave it there for about 20 minutes. Do this every night before bed for 10 days. Your swelling should decrease dramatically.
12. Try Yoga
Exercise can help improve circulation in the body, which will naturally get the excess fluid out of your legs. Yoga is a great way to improve circulation naturally! If you haven’t done exercise in a while, or if you are pregnant, talk to your doctor first. Yoga classes are great because the instructor will be sure you are doing the poses correctly and might even be able to suggest other poses that can help with your leg and feet swelling. Once you feel comfortable, you can always continue at home. If you don’t have classes in your area, there are plenty of DVDs available for rent or online.