- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
12 Reasons Why You Should Eat More Walnuts Every Day
6. Possesses strong antioxidant properties
When it comes to its antioxidant properties, walnuts are brimming with benefits. They have just about two times the amount of antioxidants as just about any other nut and they have up to 15 times more benefits as vitamin E.
7. Helps decrease tumors from breast cancer
Studies that followed the development of breast cancer cells in animals found that the consumption of walnuts lowered the size and amount of breast cancer tumors. The researchers credit the combination of the phytosterols in the walnuts along with the amount of antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids.
8. Reduces colorectal cancer
Another study regarding cancer cells tested the effects on colorectal cancer. Researchers at the Harvard Medical School gave mice walnuts and found that the amount of colorectal tumors were reduced by 27% and the size of the tumors were lowered by 33%.
9. Provides you with clearer thinking
An independent study of college students tested those who consumed placebos with those who actually ate walnuts every day. Within the eight-week period, the students who ate the walnuts showed an increase of 11.2% in their reasoning abilities.
Continue to Page 4