- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
15 Healthy Foods That Taste Way Better Than Junk Food
1. Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potatoes are exactly what their name implies, and you can’t help but love them! They are super nutritious, full of cancer-fighting fiber, and loaded with healthy antioxidants that can keep you from chronic disease and premature aging. No matter how you make them, boiled, baked, or fried, you cannot beat sweet potatoes.
Nothing the food industry makes can ever taste as good as an organic strawberry. Strawberries are loaded with potent phytochemicals that provide us with antioxidant protection and stop our DNA from binding with certain types of carcinogens. These delicious little fruits are a great source of carotenes, fiber, vitamin C, iron, zinc, potassium, and magnesium. These sweet tasting treats are so good for you that one study found that women who ate at least 3 servings of strawberries and blueberries each week had a 32 percent lower risk of having a heart attack! This is probably due to the special flavonoids found in strawberries, called anthocyanins.
While we are talking about berries, let’s dip into the blueberries. These are one of the healthiest fruits you can eat, hands down. Blueberries are high in fiber and low in sugar, as well as loaded with super healthy antioxidant power! One study showed that women who ate about 1 cup of blueberries each day had significantly lower blood pressure after just 8 weeks. Keep a bag of blueberries in your freezer for some seriously tasty, healthy snacking.
Continue to Page 3