- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
15 Mind Blowing Veggies You Need to Eat More Of (# 6 is So Good!)
That beautiful red color in tomatoes comes from a carotenoid called lycopene, which has been well-documented as lowering the risk of heart disease, certain types of cancer, and cataracts. They are also a great source of other nutrients such as vitamin K, C, and A, as well as biotin, which helps the body maintain a normal blood sugar level as well as for proper metabolism and energy.
11. Swiss Chard
There are two main types of Swiss chard: the white stems and the multicolored stems, sometimes referred to as Rainbow chard. Both are terrific sources of lutein and zeaxanthin, an antioxidant duo that is great for eye health. At a mere 7 calories a cup, these greens are good for your middle in more ways than one. If you have never tried it, use the leaves in place of tortillas when making quesadillas or soft tacos. You can also lightly steam Swiss chard and toss it with a bit of vinaigrette for a super salad!
The celebrity of the vegetable world. Everyone knows what it is and what it can do. This is one of the top vegetables when it comes to lowering the risk of developing many different types of cancer. One cup of broccoli gives you plenty of vitamins, such as C and K, along with tons of healthy cancer-fighting fiber. Don’t forget to eat the stem! It’s also loaded with nutrients and fiber. Cut it into small pieces and steam it to make it softer.
Continue to Page 5