- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
15 Mind Blowing Ways to Beat Laryngitis Fast
4. Salt Water
Using saltwater will help to kill both bacteria and viruses, as well as help to ease the pain and swelling. Dissolve ½ teaspoon of salt in a glass of lukewarm water. Gargle with this mixture 4 or more times each day. Try to get the water as far back in your throat as possible, but don’t swallow it. Gargle as long as you can. Afterwards, avoid eating or drinking anything for 30 minutes to allow the salt to do its job.
5. Couch Grass
Although this herb is well known for treating kidney-problems, it is not as well known for its ability to treat laryngitis. Couch grass will help to remove phlegm from the throat and upper respiratory tract, which will encourage healing. Boil some couch grass in a cup of water for 5 minutes, and then allow to cool. Strain, and then use this tea as a gargle. Gargle at least 3 times a day.
Turmeric is a super anti-inflammatory that will encourage healing as well as ease the soreness. Add ½ teaspoon of turmeric to a glass of milk (you can warm the milk if you like). Drink one glass two or three times each day until your symptoms improve.
Continue to Page 3