- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
15 Reasons Why You Need to Eat More Chia Seeds (Number 8 is Amazing)
4. Antioxidant Powerhouse
The antioxidants in chia seeds are what allow them to keep for years without going rancid and while some antioxidant supplements don’t get absorbed by the body very well, the ones found in chia seeds are super bioavailable. Antioxidants fight the body’s production of free radicals, which can damage cells and contribute to premature aging and the development of chronic diseases such as cancer.
5. Loaded with Phosphorus
If you want to keep your bones and teeth strong and healthy, then chia seeds are for you. One gram of chia seeds will give you 27 percent of your daily need for phosphorus. Your body uses phosphorus to build bones, teeth, cell and tissue growth, as well as repair of the same.
6. High Fiber – Low Carb
If you read some nutritional websites, they sometimes list them as having 12 grams of carbs. You might be thinking WOW! That’s a whole lot of carbs. What they don’t tell you, however, is that 11 of those carbs cannot be digested by the body. Fiber that does not require insulin and does not raise blood sugar should not be counted as a carb! That’s just not fair. Chia seeds slow the absorption of food in your stomach and feed the friendly bacteria in your intestines. Chia seeds are, by weight, 40 percent fiber. This would make them one of the most surprising, and the best, sources of fiber in the world.
Continue to Page 3