- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
15 Super Ways Increase Endorphins Naturally
2. Laugh every day
They say that laughter is the best medicine and now there is documented proof. Some people have referred to laughing as “inner jogging,” The process of laughing boosts your immune system, reduces your blood pressure, and drops your stress hormones. In addition, it has been found to produce high levels of endorphins. We do need to pick up the pace a little: kids laugh around 300 times each day, while we only laugh around five times every day.
3. Sniff out some lavender
Everyone has a favorite scent that just makes them feel great. Researchers at the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center found that vanilla was the scent participants responded to as they underwent an MRI with a 63 percent decrease in anxiety. Another focus group responded completely to the smell of lavender through the use of essential oils dabbed at their temples and on their wrists. Their feelings of insomnia and depression were greatly improved simply by the aroma of lavender.
KEEP READING: Don’t Want Cancer? Don’t Put Your Potatoes In The Fridge
There is no doubt that exercise releases endorphins and helps you feel better instantly. A study in 2009 found that not only did exercise help in this area, they found that a group of college students who were rowing together experienced a major rush in feeling good more than those who rowed on their own.
5. Listen to your favorite tunes
Whether you are able to make music, sing music, or even lip synch to your favorite tune, it has been proven that your brain releases more endorphins when you are enjoying your favorite music whichever way you can.
Continue to Page 3