- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
20 of the Best Antiviral and Antibacterial Herbs and Plants Ever!
4. Cat’s Claw
This herb is most often sold as a tea but it also can be purchased as a supplement. Cat’s claw is known to improve the immune system, which will increase your body’s ability to fight off disease or viruses. Cat’s claw contains powerful antifungal, antiviral, and antibacterial compounds.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Do not consume cat’s claw if you are pregnant or nursing.
5. Licorice Root
This is a terrific solution that is commonly used for digestive problems, especially for gastric ulcers. Licorice root kills H. pylori, the bacteria that cause ulcers. Licorice root is a super antibacterial and antiviral herb that is commonly consumed as a tea.
Calendula is a gentle herb that is often used as an eye wash to treat pink eye and stop skin infections. Calendula can be used in numerous ways including lotions, ointments, infusions, tinctures, or tea.
Yarrow plants have tiny yellow flowers that have numerous therapeutic uses. Ground into a powder, they can stop bleeding quickly. Infused in water and used as a mouth rinse, it can speed the healing of canker sores inside the mouth. Consumed as a tea, yarrow is great at killing the bacteria that cause urinary tract infections.
NOTE: Yarrow can cause uterine contractions so do NOT consume yarrow if you are pregnant or trying to become pregnant.
Continue to Page 3