- Having Panic Attacks? Here Are The Best Essential Oils That Can Help Video
- 7 Natural Drinks You Can Make For Better Sleep Infographic
- Top 7 Alkaline Foods For Warding Off Diseases Infographic
- 7 Unexpected Health Benefits Of Activated Charcoal Infographic
- Healthy Cookies: 3 Delicious Ways Video
- Sunflower Seeds And Their Amazing Benefits Infographic
- Waking Up Early Is Easy With These 10 Effortless Tricks Infographic
Surprising Things You Never Imagined About Avocados
When was the last time you had some guacamole? Probably not all that long ago. Most Americans simply love to make guacamole with avocados, or put them in their sandwiches and salads, but did you know that in many parts of the world, the luscious avocado is served as a dessert? It’s true. There are so many ways to use avocados, and since they are probably one of the most perfect foods on this planet, we should make better use of them than just guacamole. For example:
- In any recipe that calls for fat (butter, shortening, et) you can use avocados instead (try an avocado mayo recipe)
- Whip it up in your blender or mash it really well and use as baby’s first food
- Cut some up and put it in your soup or stew
- Mix up some avocado with your morning eggs
- Add it to smoothies
- Put some on your burger
- Make avocado soup
- Try an avocado pizza
Although most of us don’t need to be sold on avocados, we could probably all benefit from eating more of these silky little lovely fruits. Take a look at the top 15 benefits of avocados, so if anyone asks you why you are eating a ton of them, you can tell them why!
1. Reduces Risk of Stroke
Avocados are high in folates, which protect you from strokes. One study showed that those who ate a diet rich in folates had a lower risk of having a stroke than persons who didn’t indulge in avocados.
2. Increased Absorption of Nutrients
One study had subjects eat a salad every day that included avocados. Scientists found that the subjects who ate the avocados absorbed five times the lycopene and beta-carotene than those who didn’t eat avocados.
3. Gain Weight
Most fruits have between 60 and 100 calories per 100 grams. Avocados have 200 calories per 100 grams. If you have been trying to gain weight, eat more avocados. These fruits are a healthy source of calories, unlike many other calorie-dense foods that are full of unhealthy saturated fats and excess sugar.
4. Stay Younger Looking
Since avocados are rich antioxidants, they are quite beneficial in helping to stop premature aging. Avocados also contain glutathione, which slows the aging process, improves your immune system, and supports a healthy nervous system.
5. Naturally Stops Bad Breath
Most bad breath really begins in the stomach and intestines. Avocados are one of the best ways to naturally clean your mouth, stomach, and intestines, which will eliminate halitosis.
Continue to Page 2